Generally, when people want to keep their carpet clean, they start with the vacuum cleaner, but this is not the right thing to do, as there are different very useful guidelines for cleaning carpets, such as removing their stains and coping. to numerous problems that sometimes arise when cleaning them. One should know that in old carpets, they tend to accumulate stains and therefore over time, they have a dismal aspect. For this reason, regular cleaning can illuminate the carpet and remove all stains. Modern cleaning solutions, as well as stain removers, contain a large amount of aggressive chemicals and emit strong odors. Therefore, with only a few common household products, it is enough to effectively clean the carpets.
THE BASICS OF HOW TO CLEAN A CARPET:
It is recommended to vacuum the carpets, every week or every two weeks, on both sides. If you live in places with a lot of pollution or traffic, it is best to vacuum them every three or four days. If you frequently vacuum the carpets of your home you can prolong the life of these, since when cleaning them we prevent the accumulation of sand particles. When vacuuming, the fibers of the carpets are not cut and remain intact, so one of the best options to clean them is the vacuum cleaner. So that the carpets do not get dirty a lot, the ideal would be to also clean the surrounding baseboards and radiators of difficult access.
Once a year, it is very advisable to turn the carpets 180 degrees, for this, take the ends of the carpet and place them at the opposite end of the one that we had previously. In this way, we get the carpet to wear evenly. It is also advisable to move the furniture that we have on top of it, to maintain a perfect appearance.
Let’s go with some tips :
1. Carpets should not be folded, but rolled, so that the carpet does not have creases or wrinkles and look perfect.
If we want to get a better cleaning, we should try to buy a professional carpet cleaner. You can also rent a professional vacuum cleaner to remove dirt better, these types of machines are designed to vacuum well carpets and upholstery.
2. If a carpet gets wet from a flood or gets wet from the spill of a liquid, it is advisable to go to a professional carpet cleaner in order to avoid damage.
3. To vacuum well a carpet we have to divide it into parts, for this we have to divide the floor into quadrants, and go vacuuming the carpet by quadrants.
Plush carpets are the dirtiest accumulate, as dirt is embedded deep in the fibers they contain. That is why vacuuming once is not enough, it is advisable to vacuum them a couple of times and slowly to suck up the dirt on the floor.
4. It is advisable to apply special cleaners on the floor, for new carpets or that have been recently cleaned. Be sure to follow the recommendations of the manufacturers and do it with a professional team, using the recommended techniques.
To combat odors, add baking soda to the steam appliance, which you use to clean carpets.
5. To remove a liquid stain on a carpet, you must first dry the stain, then rinse it thoroughly with clean water. After that, dry again. Never rub the carpet, because it risks damaging the fibers or allowing the spill to spread further.
Water-soluble stains, such as alcoholic beverages, berries, dung, food dyes, ice cream, sauces, jam, milk, mud, ink or paint, should be cleaned with a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of bleach without detergent mixed with 32 ml of white vinegar, mixed in a container.
6. The liquid that can stain the carpet , such as blood, chocolate, tea, coffee, mustard or wine can be removed with the help of 1 tablespoon ammonia, plus 1 cup water, mixed both in a container, this mixture is not valid for wool carpets.
7. The grease, the oil and the wax , are very difficult to remove, almost impossible, in this case we would put a paper towel in the stain, to dry them.
8. As for cigarette burns , they can be removed by rubbing the hair of the carpet gently with a dull knife.
9. The glue or glue is cleaned with a soft cloth with alcohol, pressed into the affected area. The glue residue will be cleaned immediately.